Tuesday, April 7, 2009

High Impact Leaders: 28 Days to Influence People
Day #1: Avoid Criticizing and Complaining

Step one of being a more influential person is to avoid doing things that turn people off and shut down cooperation. Most people believe that criticizing people lets the person realize the mistake so that corrective action can be made. However, when we criticize people, even constructively, they tend to resent the advice and are less likely to do what you suggest.

My fourth grade teacher, Mrs. Lofton, used to say, "Misery loves company." I didn't really understand her wisdom until I was a manager. A manger who complains or nitpicks employees might gain temporary compliance, but in the long run, morale will drop. Employees will complain about you behind your back. Why not? That is what you taught them to do.


Doug Staneart has been a speaker and trainer for over twelve years specializing in public speaking, sales training, and team building. Doug is CEO of The Leader's Institute and author of the books 28 Ways to Influence People and Fearless Presentations. His current book, Give me an "O," a Standing "O." will be released later this year.

He has accumulated over 1,700 hours of classroom coaching and training. His experience with these other programs makes him a well rounded instructor. Over 85% of Doug's class participants say that his training exceeded their expectations.

Doug's clients rave about his enthusiasm and his ability to "sneak up" on his audience and teach them while they're having fun.

1 comment:

  1. Here is the investors contact Email details,_   lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com  Or Whatsapp +1 989-394-3740 that helped me with loan of 90,000.00 Euros to startup my business and I'm very grateful,It was really hard on me here trying to make a way as a single mother things hasn't be easy with me but with the help of Le_Meridian put smile on my face as i watch my business growing stronger and expanding as well.I know you may surprise why me putting things like this here but i really have to express my gratitude so anyone seeking for financial help or going through hardship with there business or want to startup business project can see to this and have hope of getting out of the hardship..Thank You.

    ReplyDelete